2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP
Sponsored content for World Food Program

Roller

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
gibletsWithShaman
Forum Member
36th Place
58 Post(s)

Re: Roller

Post#31 by gibletsWithShaman » 17 Jan 2021, 07:50

Here is an example of the Maze Mirror 3D effect introduced in Roller 1.43. Maze Mirror draws a multitude of options in the top-left quarter of the image, and then reflects its drawing horizontally and vertically.
:golden_wilber:
maze-mirror-sample.jpg
maze-mirror-sample.jpg # (61.56 KiB) Viewed 1339 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
:photosmiley:
Charles

Everyday is a new experience with GIMP.

gibletsWithShaman
Forum Member
36th Place
58 Post(s)

Post#32 by gibletsWithShaman » 10 Jun 2021, 22:28

Here we have a render using cell shapes, new in Roller 2. These are 'Hexagons, Horizontally Aligned' and are one of the new shapes.
:2_10_rectangle_select_tool:
Hexagon Cells.png
Hexagon Cells.png # (898.03 KiB) Viewed 858 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
Charles

gibletsWithShaman
Forum Member
36th Place
58 Post(s)

Post#33 by gibletsWithShaman » 17 Jun 2021, 09:12

In this image, I wanted show an example of the triangle-shaped cell. I downloaded some free images from Pixabay for the images. The border is Brush Punch. The background is Trailing Vine. I've attached the session preset if anyone wants to look at the settings. If you want to examine the preset, first put into the Session preset folder. The preset will require one opened image to produce a render.
:tree_02:
Triangle Cube.jpg
Triangle Cube.jpg # (88.53 KiB) Viewed 793 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
:tree_12:
The Session preset file for Roller 2.01 or later:
Session﹎Triangle Render.zip #
(2.37 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Charles

Pat625
Tutorial Creator
2nd Place
4495 Post(s)

Post#34 by Pat625 » 17 Jun 2021, 11:22

Really nIfty! At first, I wondered where the cube was. Great the way it shows up!

gibletsWithShaman
Forum Member
36th Place
58 Post(s)

Post#35 by gibletsWithShaman » 26 Jun 2021, 16:57

Thank you Pat for the kind words!
:photosmiley:
The following example was made with Roller 2.02. I wanted to create a pyramid of images. I made the background with the Gradient Fill backdrop-style.
life-style.jpg
life-style.jpg # (170.87 KiB) Viewed 656 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
:tree_01:
I've put the session preset in a zip folder with a how-to doc. With the file, you can reproduce this sample.
Life Style Example.zip #
(1016.92 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Charles

gibletsWithShaman
Forum Member
36th Place
58 Post(s)

Post#36 by gibletsWithShaman » 03 Jul 2021, 08:22

In this sample, I am using Roller 2.03. I wanted to illustrate the new Corner Tape image-effect and plaques. There are two plaques in this image. Both plaques use the blur-behind option. For the diamond-shaped cell plaque, I added a mask-fringe effect to the edges of the plaque. A mask-fringe cuts into a corresponding plaque. That's how the bat-wing cutout was created. In the sample file, you will find instructions and materials that will allow you to quickly reproduce this image while also providing an opportunity for study.
batman-on-plaque.jpg
batman-on-plaque.jpg # (40.93 KiB) Viewed 575 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
:tree_01:
Batman on a Plaque.zip #
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
Charles

gibletsWithShaman
Forum Member
36th Place
58 Post(s)

Post#37 by gibletsWithShaman » 19 Jul 2021, 02:48

In this example, I wanted to use merged cells. I used cells plaques and cell fringe with the format. The spirals are from the backdrop-style, Spiral Channel, which is new in version 2.04. The image-effect is Jagged Image. The fringe also has a bump effect which is a new option as of version 2.04.
:gimplearn:
Charles
:gimp:
Merged-Cells-With-Plaque.jpg
Merged-Cells-With-Plaque.jpg # (59.69 KiB) Viewed 330 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
:NewGL:
Here I've included the preset I used to create the sample. With the Roller 2.04 and these files, one can reproduce the sample render.
Merged Cells With Plaque.zip #
(4.49 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Charles

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic