2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | 🡆 Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP
Sponsored content for World Food Program

Brush Size quick set

Mapsking
Forum Member
27th Place
76 Post(s)

Brush Size quick set

Post#1 by Mapsking » 05 Apr 2019, 04:58

So I just learned about this by accident, and thought I would share. The default keys to increase/decrease the brush size are [ and ] respectively. If you have a huge, or tiny brush, it can take a while to do. However, if you hit the \ button (right next to ] on US QWERTY keyboards), it automatically sets the brush size to the default of 20. Also, of note, if you have issues with brushes always changing size, look at the tool options, there is a link to brush default, and also a reset to native size button. Hope this helps someone!

:thats_awesome:

Pat625
Tutorial Creator
2nd Place
4509 Post(s)

Post#2 by Pat625 » 05 Apr 2019, 16:47

I use the [ & ] keys frequently, but did not know about the \ function. Good Tip!

Krikor
Forum Member
12th Place
928 Post(s)

Post#3 by Krikor » 08 Apr 2019, 01:37

Hi Mapsking,
I did not know this tip about the \ key, I have not tested it yet, but it's a good short cut.

I share through this link a video that shows how to configure the Gimp so that you can regulate the size of the brush using the mouse. I hope it's useful to someone.

"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | 🡆 Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic